Affordable New Jersey Communities for Homeowners and Renters (ANCHOR)
Homeowners and Renters Can Receive Payments of up to $1,500
In New Jersey more than three million residents are eligible for up to $1,500 in property tax relief under the NJ ANCHOR program. To be eligible for this year's benefit, you must have occupied your primary residence on October 1st, 2019. You must also file (or be exempt from) NJ income taxes.
Here are a few important dates to keep in mind:
- The deadline for filing is December 30th, 2022.
- Payments will be sent no later than May 2023.
In addition, ANCHOR payments will be paid in the form of a direct deposit or check, not as credits to your current or any upcoming property tax bills. There will be a mailing of ANCHOR benefit information to homeowners and tenants. Keep in mind you need to wait until the first week in October to receive your mailer. Homeowners who filed a homestead benefit application last year may be able to obtain their ID and PIN numbers online.
Here is a link to the ANCHOR program here. https://www.nj.gov/treasury/taxation/anchor/index.shtml
Information for Home Owners
You are considered a homeowner if, on October 1, 2019, you:
- Owned a house,
- Owned a condominium and paid property taxes on your unit;
- Were a resident shareholder of a cooperative housing complex;
- Were a resident of a continuing care retirement community and your continuing care contract requires you to pay the proportionate share of property taxes attributable to your unit.
You do not qualify if your residence was completely exempt from paying property taxes or you made P.I.L.O.T. (Payments-in-Lieu-of-Tax) payments.
Information for Tenants
You are considered a tenant if, on October 1, 2019, you:
- Rented an apartment, condominium, or house;
- Rented or owned a mobile home located in a mobile home park.
You do not qualify if you lived in tax-exempt, subsidized, or campus housing.
Wishing you good luck with this program.
For more information about Coast Appraisers LLC or a quote please call or contact us via email at:
Our fax number is 732.612.1441
President, Coast Appraisers LLC.